Hotel Opening Executive Chef – China
A 5* luxury hotel with outstanding F&B outlets, bars and extensive banquet facilities seeks an Executive Chef to run their culinary division in China. This 250 room luxury property is part of a stable company who has been in the business for 60 years. This is their new concept and only those from comparable 5* luxury brands will be considered.
Culinary Degree, five years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Five-Seven years of employment in a relative position in similar company, preferred.
Prior Executive Chef’s experience in a Luxury Property.
Salary: between US$6,500 to US$7,500 per month + expat benefits for self and family (wife + 1 child)
Asian/Chinese Cuisine Chef – Ontario, Canada
Our client which operates a quality restaurant facility is urgently seeking an Asian/Chinese Cuisine Chef for their award winning restaurant operation.
• Candidate must currently be in an Asian/Chinese Cuisine Chef or similar role right now in a first class restaurant operation
• A team player with good initiative and leadership skills, hands on and technically well versed in classic cooking incorporating modern presentations.
• Preference will be given to candidates with extensive quality Asian and Chinese Cuisine repertoire
• Must have experience in high volume type of environment, experience in fine dining
• Able to manage and lead a strong and large restaurant culinary brigade in the city
• Ability to maintain and further the develop the standards set by the management team
• Must be able to communicate in English and speaking Mandarin or Cantonese would be a definite asset.
• This position requires a minimum of 2 year Culinary Arts School, or equivalent technical training in the food industry and must have basic
• The ideal candidate should be energetic, passionate and a solid culinary foundation in Asian and Chinese Cuisines
The salary compensation for this key culinary position is outstanding and will also offer a progressive bonus/incentive package and excellent company benefits.
Assistant Executive Chef - Caribbean
Our Client, an ultra-luxury resort in the Caribbean with over 15 F&B outlets requires a large volume Assistant Executive Chef who will provide support and functional assistance to the Executive Chef and oversee a very large brigade including Executive Sous Chefs, Pastry Chefs, Sous Chefs and more than 100 cooks. He/she will oversee and direct all aspects of the kitchen operation, at the highest company standards.
All outlets are open all 7 days of the week. We are looking for a chef that would work a 6 day work week. He/she will be fully responsible for all aspects of the resort dining including food cost, manning targets, health hygiene, sanitation, menu development, training, team building, moral building, maintenance of all outlets, maintaining all company standards and respecting company SOP’s.
Must have Requirements:
- Internationally recognized culinary institution or equivalent technical schooling, received apprenticeship training
- Ten years in growing through the ranks from an apprentice to an assistant chef (sous chef/Exec Sous Chef) in international hotels / resorts.
- Five years’ experience as Executive chef in an international first-class hotel/resort
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of sauce preparation, soup, butchering and all culinary operations.
- Solid experience in buffet and decorating buffets. basic knowledge of specialties such as pastry work and ice carving is desirable and very essential
- Knowledge of volume production and ability to maintain the highest quality standards
- Casino, Cruise ship experience or large resort experience would be preferred.
Full Family package:
$80k tax free (depending on experience) plus housing, medicals and company ex-pat benefits. Gratuity approx. $8000 per annum depending on occupancy, deduction for medical cover approx. $200 per month.
Hotel Banquet Chef – Indonesia
A superior SE Asian Group requires a strong and hands on Banquet Chef for their large 5* hotel in Jakarta, Indonesia. This beautiful and busy city center hotel caters to high volume banquets and several meeting rooms. The main requirement for this role is that the Chef has to be hands on and able to work in a high volume, fast paced environment.
Apply ONLY if you have the confidence and experience in large volume banquets particularly in 5* hotels in Singapore, Taiwan, and Seoul (Korea).
Our client is “very particular” about their requirements, as this is a “very serious” job and they will consider only those who will meet with the following mandatory requirements.
You must come from a significant banquet operation in a 5* busy city center hotel.
You must be an “all-rounder”, with solid Western and Asian cuisine knowledge and experience.
SE Asia experience is a must. Preferable locations are Seoul, Taiwan and Singapore.
Minimum 5 years of experience in managing and overseeing banquet operations.
This post requires long hours of work, so the chef must be ready to put in extra hours and must also be willing to work until late.
You must be a hands on chef, who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and work hard.
Exceptional team leading and managing
Chef De Cuisine with Remote Island experience is needed for a Leading Global Luxury Hotel Group
A beautiful, remotely located 5* resort with more than 100 rooms and villas requires a Chef De Cuisine who will work closely with the property’s Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef This resort is part of one of the most luxurious Hotel Groups in the world and offers a fantastic opportunity to join their exclusive team and further develop your already strong culinary career.
Chef De Cuisine will be responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the resort’s top restaurant and will be a strong leader and trainer of their team.
- Must travel Single Status
- Must possess a European Passport
- It is preferred you have remote island experience
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience on a similar function in a luxury establishment
- Team spirit, organization, flexibility and management experience of a diverse workforce will be major assets for this post
Base Salary is $2600 USD NET per month plus added service charge of $900/month + expat benefits
Dim Sum Chef – Bahrain
Our client with their headquarters in Bahrain is a rapidly expanding hospitality group that owns a large number of restaurants, hotels/resorts, newspapers, retail requires a Dim Sum Sous Chef for their new Chinese restaurant the GCC . This is an excellent opportunity to join a well- established restaurant group and develop a long term relationship. If you have an outgoing personality, professional and enjoy working in a guest service-focused environment this is an ideal career move.
He/she should come from top end restaurants…..Chinese, Malaysian or Singapore Chinese preferred. China/Hong Kong experience a big plus.
He/she will work closely with the Head Chef and pre-opening kitchen team to develop Dim Sum menu, assist in recruitment of team and training programs.
Salary would be $2520 USD – $3050 USD/month Net, plus accommodation allowance, healthcare, free annual flight plus all expatriate benefits. Single status preferred but will accept married.
Executive Chef – Southern California
We have been retained by our client a 5 star, large volume, expanding Restaurant/Patisserie Market now opening a new Restaurant in Southern California requires an exceptional Executive Chef. This is an excellent long-term career opportunity to work for a very successful and expanding Restaurant Group.
- Opening experience is an asset including recruiting and training
- 100% scratch menu
- High attention to quality both in ingredients and final presentation, ability to manage a large team of cooks and Chefs.
- Strong financial background on food cost, labor cost etc.
- Responsible for larger than normal menu size.
- high energy and very good stamina
Salary $120,000+USD gross plus bonus and benefits.
Executive Chef – Baldwin, Michigan, USA
**** Please apply only if you are a US citizen or have a valid US work permit ****
Our client, a multinational manufacturing company with offices around the world is in search of an Executive Chef for their Corporate Retreat/Resort which is located in one of Michigan’s top recreational areas, Baldwin, Michigan.
The Executive Chef is expected to create their own menus and can start their own vegetable and herb gardens if they wish. We are searching for someone who is a career minded individual and who can take complete ownership and accountability of all daily planning and preparation of the menu; i.e. “run the restaurants as their own”!
As this Corporate Retreat/Resort is owned by one of the largest and most respected manufacturing companies in the world and most of your guests are business people (majority of them attending conferences), you must be a great communicator and a hands-on leader responsible for a beautiful dining room, an up market all-day restaurant and excellent meeting facilities at this resort.
The Executive Chef should have at least 5 years’ experience in a senior role (an Executive Sous Chef will also be considered) in a luxury destination Resort or a Boutique Resort, with a proven accomplished background and possesses the knowledge and expertise of the finer aspects of food service.
Compensation package based on experience (housing available).
Executive Chef – Kenya
An international hotels group requires a solid and talented Executive Chef for their luxury property.
- Candidate should be young and very creative
- A graduate from a well-known culinary institution is highly desirable
- Minimum of 2-3 years of International experience in similar role. This will be a parallel move.
- Exposure to exotic cuisines will be a strong asset
- Solid managerial experience and knowledge in kitchen operation. This includes the knowledge required for management of people,
complex problems, food and beverage management and food sanitation.
- Have excellent English communication skills both in written and spoken
- Computer literate
- Possess professional disposition with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The culinary team is 46 strong.
Salary will be USD 65,000 Plus (net) on ex-pat family Status
Spanish Speaking Executive Chef – Caribbean
A beautiful full service resort in the Caribbean with 300 guest rooms, over 5 specialty food and beverage outlets, and conference facilities for up to 500 attendants seeks a talented Spanish speaking Executive Chef to oversee the daily operations within their “all-inclusive” property.
As an Executive Chef, you will be part of a reputed international company and will be focusing on improving the culinary quality of the resort. This resort is located on an exotic area and the Executive Chef must have a strong emphasis on staff development.
Client prefers someone with current or previous experience in an “all-inclusive” resort. Fluency in Spanish is mandatory, while Caribbean experience is important.
The ideal Chef must have the following background/experience:
- All-inclusive resort experience.
- Capacity to oversee and manage more than 5 outlets plus banqueting operations.
- Knowledge of the following cuisines: Mediterranean, Asian, Japanese and Caribbean.
- Experience in á la carte restaurants and buffet style service.
- Spanish language mandatory, reading and writing.
USD$ 72,000 annually plus benefits which include housing and education.
Multi-Unit Executive Chef Needed for Growing Restaurant Group– Kentucky, USA
A highly successful Restaurant Group is looking for a strong, passionate and ambitious Executive Chef to oversee the operations of their multiple locations in Kentucky and to maintain consistency across all locations and adhere to the corporate brand standards.
This Restaurant Group prides itself on the quality of its food, the friendliness of their staff and the comfortable environment it provides to all of its customers. They are looking for an ambitious Chef who will build strong, passionate teams and who will strive for the highest caliber of quality food and service to all of their guests and fellow staff.
The Executive Chef will oversee multiple locations and will act as a liaison between the various locations, kitchen teams and corporate office. They will oversee all aspects of the kitchen to ensure the highest brand standards of food quality, consistency and appearance. They will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the restaurants’ kitchen operations.
- American Citizenship/Residency is required
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience within a busy, high-volume restaurant (200+ seats)
- Experience working within branded environment and corporate guidelines
- Able to cook a variety of cuisines and train fellow team members
Salary: The salary for this role is $50,000 US gross (negotiable based on experience)
Executive Pastry Chef - Maldives
We have been retained by our client a beautiful new 5 star Resort & Spa in the Maldives with over 200 rooms to source an outstanding Pastry Chef.
Report to the Resort’s Executive Chef. Knowledgeable in classic & modern pastry preparation, garnishing, dishes and cooking. Experience working with chocolate to create showpieces.
The candidate must have minimum 3-4 years of experience. Excellent organizational and multitasking skills are necessary with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and strict attention to detail. With your outstanding team building and leadership skills you will assist the Executive Chef by overseeing the day- to-day pastry operations, including training, scheduling, supervising staff and monitoring food quality.
He or she must also possess superior communication skills and interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction and be able to work a varied and flexible work schedule.
SALARY: $36,000USD/Negotiable/Net of taxes, accommodation, Healthcare, monthly service charge, 1 R&R per year, annual leave with Air Ticket, prefer single status.
(European) Executive Sous Chef - French Polynesia
Due to visa restrictions, only European (EU) passport holders will be considered. French language skills are important, but not mandatory.
A 5* luxury resort in French Polynesia that is part of one of the largest International brands, seeks an experienced Executive Sous Chef who has working experience in 5-star hotels/resorts in the same position.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, this person will be responsible for maintaining the highest culinary standards as determined by the Executive Chef and guests. You will strive to uphold a safe working environment by ensuring all staff work safely, seek opportunities to increase food revenue, decrease kitchen expenses and maximize departmental productivity without compromising guest’s satisfaction.
The Executive Sous Chef will promote professional work habits by encouraging and training staff to act with integrity. He/She will maintain on-going training and development of employees, conduct Employee Performance Reviews and follow up in a timely manner.
It is also the responsibility of the Executive Sous Chef to maintain labor cost and food cost, prepare a high standard of food quality and food presentation
You will be responsible for health and safety, sanitation and safe food work practices, organization and cleanliness of refrigerators and storage spaces, ordering of food and other related products.
Salary: Euros 3,000 net per month (negotiable) plus all expat benefits and company bonus. Client will consider single or married.
Japanese Chef – Bahrain
- Specifically looking for a Japanese national chef
- Should have been a head chef or number 2 Japanese Chef.
- Previous experience in a 5 star hotel or reputed standalone restaurant
- Computer literate for typing menus, emails, Material control software etc.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of food cost control
- Should have worked in a HACCP background and possess knowledge of food safety standards
- Minimum intermediate level of English language and should be able to meet clients and customers
- Detailed product knowledge of traditional Japanese cuisine & also modern techniques of food presentation
- Able to work with an international team of employees
Compensation Package: USD 3715 (Net)
French Pastry Chef - French Polynesia
You must be a French citizen to apply for this role
A newly opened 5* luxury resort is urgently looking for a French Pastry Chef with successful experiences if similar luxury resorts.
The important responsibilities of the Pastry Chef is to oversee the activities of the resort’s 4 restaurants and bars. You must be passionate and creative about the art of pastry, ensure guest satisfaction at all times and contribute to achieve F&B goals as per instructions from Executive Chef.
You must be capable of highlighting the local culture of the island by presenting seasonal and creative menus with local products, preparing high quality desserts for all a la carte restaurants and buffet.
You are also required to ensure that all hygiene standards required by law and hotel are maintained.
Good knowledge of hygiene standards and HACCP rules are important for this role.
The Pastry Chef is required to train and support his/her team and implement a good team spirit and cohesion within the team.
Package: Salary as per profile and experience. No Income taxes applies in French Polynesia. Service charge at the end of the year.
Single accommodation provided, all furnished, all equipped with WIFI and TV. (No charges will be taken on the accommodation)
Italian Chef - Caribbean
We are conducting a search for an outstanding and talented Italian Chef for one of our clients that operate a first class Italian Restaurant facility in a 5 star resort in the Caribbean. This restaurant has an excellent reputation of being one of the best Italian restaurants on the island. Highlights of restaurant would be the amazing ocean views, elegant ambience, high level of cuisine and impeccable service to it's guests every evening.
The Chef would be creating the most of authentic Italian cuisine, using the most freshest of ingredients. A patient trainer and teaching your culinary team, Maestro and hands on chef in running the kitchen and nightly service. He/she will be in charge of food product, costings, schedules and will report to the Executive Chef
This outstanding career opportunity offers a generous compensation package, which will include a base salary of $48,000US, plus bonus on base salary, a monthly housing allowance and comprehensive employment benefit package. This position will offer tremendous career growth and personal satisfaction with this excellent international hotel organization.
Italian Chef – Michelin Star - Jakarta
A prominent 5* luxury hotel in the busy city center of Jakarta requires an Italian Chef with Michelin Star restaurant experience.
As this hotel is known for winning awards for its outstanding restaurants and service, the ideal chef will have strong roots in Italian cuisine; with extensive training and experience in one of the best Michelin Star Italian restaurants in the world.
Experience in standalone famous Italian restaurants in New York and Italy is preferred. You must also be an excellent leader and trainer for your kitchen staff.
Excellent salary + benefits.
Spanish Speaker Pastry Chef Instructor – Peru
Our client is seeking the talents of a Pastry Chef Instructor responsible for teaching the art of pastry and bakery in a classroom and kitchen lab environment. The instructor will follow the lesson plan and teaching style as established by the Culinary Director and the Academic Director. In addition to teaching, the instructor will participate in trade shows and media events to increase brand awareness of the institution.
The position requires a two year commitment, fluency in Spanish mandatory
• Culinary degree in Pastry or equivalent
• Minimum of three years of culinary teaching experience
• Professional management experience as a Pastry Chef in fine dining restaurants, large volume operations, multi-unit properties as well as hotels
• Previous involvement in planning student attendance in trade show or similar industry events, where the students can display their work and learned skills
• Media appearances such as newspaper articles or TV blurbs
Our client will offer an excellent starting base salary alone with a great company benefits, travel and the opportunity to advance in your career.
Sushi Chef de Cuisine - Caribbean
We are searching for a Sushi Chef de Cuisine for a deluxe five star resort property in the Caribbean islands you will be responsible for a trendy and up market Sushi Bar and restaurant open nights only. Emphasis would be on product quality and presentation with exceptional service.
The ideal candidate would come from a traditional and cutting edge trendy Sushi Restaurant catering to resort/hotel guests. The client has insisted that they will only look at applicants that have worked as a Sushi Chef in world-class resorts/hotels or restaurants with overseas experience
•3-5 years’ experience at a senior level in a quality sushi/Japanese restaurant
•Communicates well in English to international resort guest that come to be entertained
•Excellent hot and cold sushi skills
•Very good team leader and local staff trainer
•Quality and delivering and entertaining presentation are important traits
•Familiar with new concepts and trends
•Maintain high food, hygiene and staffing standards
•Single or married or young family package
Salary package would be $48,000USD plus expatriate benefits including, accommodation bonus, and health insurance
Thai Chef de Cuisine – Guam, USA
This new luxury resort in the beautiful island of Guam is in need of a Thai Chef de Cuisine. Reporting to the Executive Chef, this position is responsible for the daily operation of the Thai Restaurant in the hotel.
Qualifications/Requirements for the role
- Must have legal papers to work in the USA
- At least 1-2 years of Chef de Cuisine experience in a 5 star hotel
- Have a strong working knowledge in Thai cuisine
- Strong understanding of HACCP
- Track record in cost control
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to supervise and strongly motivate the team.
Salary: US$60,000.00 plus Medical/dental benefit, pension plan, plus relocation expenses.
Keep up to date with all the latest at Renard International by following us on Twitter and on Facebook. You can follow us by clicking the links below or by searching for us on either site.